We’re a proud B Corp
After a long application process, we proudly became a certified B Corporation in 2020. Yay!
When we first heard about B Corp we instantly knew it was a match made in heaven. Even 30 years ago, when Tints of Nature began, we believed in businesses doing good. And that was way before it became cool. Our decisions have always been based on protecting the planet, our people and our values. Not just about making profit.
The B Corp definition:
B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
So, what does that really mean, and how does it work?
Businesses have to go through a long application process before they can be labelled a B Corp. During this process we had to evidence all the good things we do in five areas; Community, Governance, Customer, Workers and Environment. To gain certification you have to receive at least 80 points.
And the best part? We don’t get to keep this certification forever – every three years B Corps have to go through the assessment all over again; and they have to improve their score. This is our favourite thing about being a B Corp - it challenges us to improve. (No pressure!)
What did we get points for?
- We use high-quality organic and natural ingredients over cheaper synthetics wherever possible; reducing the use of pesticides and herbicides that damage insects and destroy our soils.
- We make everything in the UK where a high standard of working conditions and fair wages are demanded.
- We only use ethical suppliers.
- Our bottles and cartons are 100% recycled and recyclable waste. Working towards a circular economy.
- We never have, and never will, test our products on animals or supply to countries that do.
There are thousands of other companies, who like us, are making choices for the better. Find out more about the movement and how you can get involved here.Back to News